Broadcast Media Services (BMS) is based at one site in Nottingham, East Midlands. We produce Corporate Films and provide Media Training services to the public and private sectors. As a company, we regularly need to travel around the UK, Europe and occasionally beyond Europe to work. When visiting BMS premises we will encourage our clients to come to us in one car or by public transport.
At BMS, the EMS Implementation Manager is ultimately responsible for formulating, implementing and reviewing our environmental policy and targets and our senior management initiates and gives full support to the policy and the EMS. The policy is to be reviewed whenever any significant operational or other changes occur within the business and will be systematically reviewed annually at a very minimum.
As a responsible company we intend to grow and develop in a sustainable manner. However, we recognise that some of our operations have an impact on the environment and we are committed to reducing these.
We are committed to continually improving our environmental performance and complying with relevant environmental legislation. As such we have developed an environmental management system (EMS) to achieve this in a structured way. The company’s senior management will provide the human and financial resources required to implement, monitor and maintain this EMS.
We have developed environmental performance indicators, which are annually reassessed, to help us to measure our current and future level of environmental performance. This will also enable us to benchmark our performance against similar companies and industry standards.
The EMS covers all the operations at our registered office in Nottingham and our office in London.
As part of our EMS, our environmental impacts have been calculated in order of their significance to Broadcast Media Service’s activities and it is our Policy to:
- Integrate environmental management into our day-to-day business operations to ensure environmental issues are addressed, whilst providing a quality product and/or service to all our customers.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements as well as other contractual and industry regulations which are monitored using our Environmental Legislative Register.
- Reduce our use of natural resources such as energy and water; in particular electricity.
- Reuse resources, specifically paper and packaging whenever possible rather than disposing of them.
- Encourage the use of recycled materials and recycling initiatives throughout the business.
- Encourage the use of online film dissemination methods, as opposed to DVDs/Blu-ray discs
- Prevent pollution by reducing emissions and discharges associated with business travel.
- Provide appropriate environmental training for all our people and encourage them to support this programme.
- Promote communication with internal and external interested parties and respond appropriately to reasonable requests for information about our environmental performance.
- Ensure that all our people and the general public can access our policy.
Author: Greg May, Director of Production & EMS Implementation Manager
Signature: Greg May
Management Approval: Matt Ellis, Director of Production
Registration number: 24E08101